- About Chapman
- News & Features
- Rosie's Place Nears Completion
- Chapman Recognized As Wentworth Distinguished Employer
- Chapman Renovation is Learning Lab for Employees and Visitors
- Chapman Awarded Grant for Solar Energy System
- Chapman VP Educates Elementary Students on Green Building
- Chapman Completes Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater
- Chapman-Built Project Hope Awarded Silver LEED Certification
- Chapman Renovates Historic Sudbury Grange Hall
- Chapman Completes HR Office for Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House - October 2nd
- Project Hope’s Opening Celebration
- Green Roof Seminar at Chapman on September 29th!
- Seeing Green at Project Hope
- Chapman Completes SMMA Renovation
- Horizons for Homeless Children Groundbreaking
- "Cary Cottage" Restored to Health at Dimock
- Free Lighting Seminar at Chapman June 23rd!
- Chapman and The Gifford School's Historic Relationship
- Free IAQ Seminar at Chapman April 29th
- New Session of Chapman's LEED Prep Class
- Mayor Visits Women's Education Center at Rosie's Place
- Project Hope Hosts Secretary Geithner
- Chapman Named to BBJ's "Best Places to Work" List
- Gov. Patrick Attends Ribbon Cutting for Southwick Clothing
- Chapman Adds Building Performance & Renewable Energy Services
- Chapman Offers Sustainable Alternatives for All Projects
- Water Reduction Tactics in Chapman's LEED Renovation
- Press Coverage
Chapman Completes SMMA Renovation
Chapman is pleased to announce the completion of extensive renovations to Symmes Maini McKee & Associates' (SMMA) executive offices in Cambridge, MA.
The 10,000 sf renovation began in August 2005 and included overhaul of SMMA's corporate offices, conference rooms, administration spaces, and central services. Because the space was fully occupied throughout the project, the SMMA team of Tim Grobleski, Larry Asaro and Heather McCormick and Chapman Supervisor Larry Thibodeau coordinated the step-by-step renovations using swing-space to temporarily relocate employees and their work areas.
The showcase project is a highlight of Chapman and SMMA's eight-year relationship. The project featured many fine finishes including high-end recessed and pendant lighting, sandblasted glass, fine railing systems, and high-end ceramic floor tiling.
The Chapman team of was comprised of Vice President Robert D’Amico, Senior Project Manager Marc Cooperstein, and Construction Supervisor Larry Thibodeau. The group spoke highly of the opportunity to work on a project of this scope. "I thoroughly enjoyed working on this type of project, especially with the client who also is the architect. The entire SMMA team has been great to work with and I look forward to working with them again on future projects," said Cooperstein.