- About Chapman
- News & Features
- Rosie's Place Nears Completion
- Chapman Recognized As Wentworth Distinguished Employer
- Chapman Renovation is Learning Lab for Employees and Visitors
- Chapman Awarded Grant for Solar Energy System
- Chapman VP Educates Elementary Students on Green Building
- Chapman Completes Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater
- Chapman-Built Project Hope Awarded Silver LEED Certification
- Chapman Renovates Historic Sudbury Grange Hall
- Chapman Completes HR Office for Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House - October 2nd
- Project Hope’s Opening Celebration
- Green Roof Seminar at Chapman on September 29th!
- Seeing Green at Project Hope
- Chapman Completes SMMA Renovation
- Horizons for Homeless Children Groundbreaking
- "Cary Cottage" Restored to Health at Dimock
- Free Lighting Seminar at Chapman June 23rd!
- Chapman and The Gifford School's Historic Relationship
- Free IAQ Seminar at Chapman April 29th
- New Session of Chapman's LEED Prep Class
- Mayor Visits Women's Education Center at Rosie's Place
- Project Hope Hosts Secretary Geithner
- Chapman Named to BBJ's "Best Places to Work" List
- Gov. Patrick Attends Ribbon Cutting for Southwick Clothing
- Chapman Adds Building Performance & Renewable Energy Services
- Chapman Offers Sustainable Alternatives for All Projects
- Water Reduction Tactics in Chapman's LEED Renovation
- Press Coverage
Green Roof Seminar at Chapman on September 29th!
Green Roofs – Technology and Aesthetics
Ever wondered about the potential of all that underutilized space on your roof? Sunshine, fresh air, a great view, peace and quiet - what better place to spend your lunch break?
Chapman Construction/Design will offer a presentation to learn about one technique to better utilize roof space. Vegetated roofs can transform a roof into a vibrant place to conduct business, reducing your operating expenses while also benefiting the environment. Green roofs help reduce heat island effect, control both the quality and quantity of rainwater runoff, reduce building cooling loads, and add insulation, reducing heat loss.
Jorg Breuning, an international expert with more than 25 years and millions of square feet of installed vegetated roofs will present on the science of green roofs. Following Jorg, Shauna Gilles-Smith will present a case study of the Nouvelle Green Roof on the Natick Mall - an extraordinary example of her international work while at MSI.
This seminar will be held at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 29th at Chapman Construction/Design's LEED-CI Platinum Newton headquarters.
For more information and to register please contact Courtney Borelli at Chapman!
Registered architects and LEED APs can earn credit toward their professional designations by attending a series of programs offered by Chapman Construction/Design, an approved provider of LEED CMP and AIA CEU courses.