We are seeking an experienced local Assistant Project Manager to join our Manchester NH office team. Our Assistant Project Managers work closely with the project management staff throughout all phases of the construction project from generating proposals through closeout. Assistant Project Managers help to ensure compliance with Chapman quality, safety and sustainability standards. Assignments include tenant fit outs as well as new construction for a wide variety of project and construction types, such as corporate, medical, retail, community, institutional, and historical restoration.
- Collaborate with project management staff on all project-related activities including:
- Thoroughly review project requirements (plans, specs, RFP, etc.)
- Coordinate subcontractor buyout (walkthroughs, scope clarification, contracts)
- Generate project proposals
- Develop and update project schedules
- Create site logistics and safety plans
- Oversee implementation of sustainable practices
- Coordinate RFI and submittals processes
- Assist with managing the project budget
- Generate cost reports, change requests and invoices
- Manage weekly meetings, generate minutes and distribute
- Oversee completion list and punch list process.
- Coordinate with other project staff (project management, field staff, accounting) as required to stay abreast of project progress and complete responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with all personnel on the project team including; Architects, Engineers, Consultants, Clients, Project Managers, Building and Government Officials
- Reports to Senior Project Manager
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four‑year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training in the field of construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in the field of construction management.
- Knowledge of all phases of the building construction process.
- Understanding of commercial building systems, building science and standard construction practices & techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical & computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- The desire to work cooperatively with a team of construction professionals.
- LEED AP (or similar experience) desirable
- Working knowledge of NH and MA building codes and ordinances.
Resumes can be submitted using the form below.