You want to wake up and look forward to going to work. You want to feel heard, and you want to know that your work matters. We work hard to make sure Chapman is all those things. Every day, our people have opportunities to grow, to try new things, and to take on greater responsibility. Not to mention that we have a lot of fun together too. Chapman Construction/Design is big enough to provide you all the benefits, support, and training you’ll need, but small enough to advance as high as your skills will take you.
GREAT PEOPLE DESERVE GREAT BENEFITS
It’s easier to give your best to your job when you’re healthy – physically and financially. So we give our people 100% company-paid health insurance, highly competitive salaries, and tuition reimbursement so they can continue to learn and grow in their careers. Additional benefits include:
- Profit sharing bonus program
- Student loan paydown plan where we team up with you to pay down the principle on existing student loans
- Continuing education financial assistance program
- Sabbatical program
- 50% company-paid dental insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) plan with company match
- On-site training and development
- Paid time off program and paid holidays
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Corporate health club membership
- Use of company hybrid and electric vehicles for job travel
We are seeking an experienced local Assistant Project Manager to join our Manchester, NH or our Newton, MA office team. Our Assistant Project Managers work closely with the project management staff throughout all phases of the construction project from generating proposals through closeout. Assistant Project Managers help to ensure compliance with Chapman quality, safety and sustainability standards. Assignments include tenant fit outs as well as new construction for a wide variety of project and construction types, such as corporate, medical, retail, community, institutional, and historical restoration.
- Collaborate with project management staff on all project-related activities including:
- Thoroughly review project requirements (plans, specs, RFP, etc.)
- Coordinate subcontractor buyout (walkthroughs, scope clarification, contracts)
- Generate project proposals
- Develop and update project schedules
- Create site logistics and safety plans
- Oversee implementation of sustainable practices
- Coordinate RFI and submittals processes
- Assist with managing the project budget
- Generate cost reports, change requests and invoices
- Manage weekly meetings, generate minutes and distribute
- Oversee completion list and punch list process.
- Coordinate with other project staff (project management, field staff, accounting) as required to stay abreast of project progress and complete responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with all personnel on the project team including; Architects, Engineers, Consultants, Clients, Project Managers, Building and Government Officials
- Reports to Senior Project Manager
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four‐year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training in the field of construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in the field of construction management.
- Knowledge of all phases of the building construction process.
- Understanding of commercial building systems, building science and standard construction practices & techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical & computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- The desire to work cooperatively with a team of construction professionals.
- LEED AP (or similar experience) desirable
- Working knowledge of NH and MA building codes and ordinances
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]