Chapman Construction/Design is seeking an experienced BIM Engineer to join our Newton, MA office team. Our BIM Engineers work closely with Chapman’s BIM Coordinator to provide 3D modeling and BIM coordination support to the company’s project management staff. Assignments include tenant fit outs as well as new construction for a wide variety of project and construction types, such as corporate, medical, retail, community, institutional, and historical restoration.
Other duties may be assigned as needed on a project-specific basis. Essential responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate Dwg,. Rvt., and NWC. Files, helping facilitate collaboration and communication with Owners, Architects, Engineers and trade contractors to co-generate 3D models for use by project team.
- Analyze 3D models provided by design team and subcontractors during design coordination to support pre-construction.
- Create 3D models based on existing field conditions. Site visits to measure and field verify as needed.
- Perform 3D clash detection in a proactive manner to ensure documents and Navisworks Models are coordinated properly.
- Participate in BIM coordination meetings with subcontractors.
- Provide value analysis during the design process and recommend alternate solutions where appropriate.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control checks on BIM models.
- Design, develop and enforce modeling protocol and standards with BIM Coordinator.
- Coordinate model with design teams and subcontractors.
- Generate supplemental field construction documents for superintendents, project managers, and foremen to improve field performance.
- Perform, manage and track design change and manage BIM revision log.
- Review Navisworks coordination models.
- Assist project team members in the use of BIM technologies.
- Coordinate with other project staff (project management, field staff, and accounting) as required to stay abreast of project progress as well as to complete
- Ensure trade subcontractors are meeting modeling and coordination deadlines on we weekly basis.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four‑year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training in the field of drafting/CAD operation, construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture or similar.
- Knowledge of commercial building systems, building science and standard construction practices & techniques.
- AutoCAD: 2 years (preferred).
- Revit: 2 years (preferred).
- Navisworks: 1 year (preferred).
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical & computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Displays a solid work ethic, confidence and enthusiasm at all
- The desire to work collaboratively with a team of construction professionals.
Please submit your resume in the form below.